The Muslim Public Affairs Centre (MPAC) is a leading public service and leadership development organisation that operates on the core Islamic values of justice, mercy, human dignity, freedom, equality for all and sanctity of human life. MPAC is a project based and volunteer-driven organisation, covering Project, Outreach, Advocacy and Lobbying, with the mission to serve humanity and work for an inclusive society.
Following recent transformation initiatives and the desire to reposition MPAC to better deliver on its mandate of representing and serving the Ummah, we are inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Executive Secretary/Programme Manager.
The role which will require the candidate to operate, create and deliver value in a "business unusual" environment offers opportunity for overseas secondment in the first three months of employment – an exchange programme to enable the candidate to understudy successful projects of similar organisations and institutions in the areas of policy and economic research, prototyping and advocacy. It will also involve gaining hands-on experience in the management of Waqf (endowment), Halal certification business, Zakat funds, among others.
- Assist the Trustees and Management Team of MPAC with the day-to-day planning and implementation of strategic, functional and routine plans of MPAC and reporting
- Provide executive level support to the Executive Chairman and Directors
- Act as the coordinating hub for all MPAC programmes and projects
- Perform the MPAC secretariat function and supervision of admin staff and interns
- Represent MPAC at events and programmes
- Act as the relationship manager between MPAC and other Muslim organisations, as well as other faith-based, civil society and cultural organisations
- Perform other assigned and delegated duties from time to time.
The Candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- BSc, HND in any discipline (minimum of 2.2, Lower Credit)
- Minimum of five years post-graduation work experience
- Higher qualification would be an added advantage
- Passion for social, charity, philanthropic work and real desire to create change and make a positive impact in the society (very essential)
- Knowledge of grants sourcing and proposals writing (huge leverage)
- The demonstrable expertise of having performed similar functions in a structured environment/leading organisations
- Flair for writing and good research capabilities
- Be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the project coordination challenges of a faith-based public service organization
- Dynamic and personable
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast-paced work environment: focused, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Fair knowledge of Sage accounting software and the Microsoft ® Office Professional Edition
- Have good and professional level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making, demonstrable analytical ability and must be able to pay attention to details.
- Ability to meet tight deliverable deadlines and have a “can do” attitude.
Sorry, you are late. Offer ended on February 17, 2019