At MPAC, we want to provide challenging opportunities for talented students (undergraduate and graduate levels) to expand their knowledge and benefit from invaluable on-the-job experience in a progressive Public service organisation.
Our internship programme is less structured than in the private sector thereby giving you more flexibility to work according to your needs and as part of a strong team. There are opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in fundraising, policy, communications and advocacy, events, administration and research.
Internship placements at MPAC are normally a block of several weeks or months and it may be possible to get part-time voluntary work during that time.
- Media monitoring
- Draft and track professional, relevant content across Facebook and Twitter
- Create content to populate social media calendar and schedule content.
- Track mentions of MPAC in the media
- Track, organise and share relevant stories and online resources with staff
- Monitor and research ongoing legislation
- Send internal updates/memos to staff on new cosponsors, upcoming hearings
- Update and maintain events database
- Participate in MPAC Engage! Campaign
- Provide note taking and agenda development support
- Draft informational memos on breaking developments and policy issues
- Accompany staff to official meetings
- Provide events planning and implementation support
- Support the planning of MPAC Events
- University degree/HND or currently enrolled in school
- Critical writing and research skills
- Strategic social media manager
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft software
- A can-do attitude and ability to multitask
- Dependable time-management skills
- Ability to work 25 hours per week, including remotely
- Excellent communication skills
- Graphic design skills
- General WordPress design knowledge
- Experience with advocacy or community service works
- Campaign experience
Sorry, you are late. Offer ended on December 20, 2018
Please upload a Resume and Cover Letter telling us why you should be selected for the internship programme.
The cover letter should be the 1st page of your resume and not more than 150 words.