The Muslim Public Affairs Centre (MPAC) is a leading public service and leadership development organisation that operates on the core Islamic values of justice, mercy, human dignity, freedom, equality for all and sanctity of human life. MPAC is a project-based and volunteer-driven organisation covering Project, Outreach, Advocacy and Lobbying, with the mission to serve humanity and work for an inclusive society.
At MPAC, we want to provide challenging opportunities for talented individuals to expand their knowledge and benefit from invaluable on-the-job experience in a progressive public service organisation, where we run activities and do business unusual.
A role at MPAC affords an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in public service, leadership, fundraising, policy, communications and advocacy, events, administration and research.
We are a supportive organisation looking for a creative team member with strong communication, research and IT skills. The selected candidate will work to assist in achieving our priorities and aspirations in a rapidly evolving world.
- Media monitoring
- Draft and track professional, relevant content across social media platforms, Including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- Create content to populate the social media calendar and schedule content.
- Track mentions of MPAC and the engagement with our posts and point of view in the print and electronic media
- Track, organise and share relevant content and online thought leadership pieces with staff
- Update and maintain events database
- Work with the team and participate in MPAC Engage! Campaign and related programmes/projects
- Provide note-taking and agenda development support
- Accompany staff to official meetings and represent the organisation at events and fora, as designated from time to time
- Support events planning and implementation
- Support the planning and delivery of MPAC Events
- IT Administration
- Manage internal IT infrastructure
- Be responsible for internal hardware, software and network infrastructure
- Monitoring, maintaining and updating the website and Newsletter release
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
(under the supervision of the Senior Admin Officer)
- NCE/ND or Higher
- Relevant IT/Technical education or experience
- Knowledge of graphic design will be an advantage
- Critical writing and research skills
- Strategic social media management, and digital marketing experience
- A can-do attitude and ability to multitask
- Effective time-management skills
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, including remotely
- Excellent communication skills and organisational ability
- Experience with Windows and macOS operating systems
- Knowledge of Google Workplace, Office365, Software licenses, and Audio/Video conferencing solutions for meeting rooms
- Graphic design skills
- General WordPress design and HTML Email Knowledge
- Experience with advocacy or community service works
- Campaign, grant seeking and fund raising experience will be an added advantage
Sorry, you are late. Offer ended on November 7, 2022
Please upload a Resume and Cover Letter telling us why you are the best fit for this role.
The cover letter should be the 1st page of your resume and not more than 150 words.