Sign and Share a Letter of Love
Sign and Share a Love Letter to New Zealand Prime Minister
Sunday, 31 March 2019.
We praise the courage and leadership of the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern, who came out with one of the most forceful denunciations of Islamophobia on record, and has called for a global campaign against hate. Please sign a love letter to her and then share it with others to do the same. Add your name to the more than 20,000 others who have already done so in a day.
- She has called for a global fight against hate.
- She focused on the victims and refused to say the terrorist’s name
- She visited Christchurch three times in a week and led a group of national leaders to visit victims’ families
- She donned a black headscarf as solidarity and joined Kiwi Muslims in marking the first Friday prayers as a national event
- She banned the video in which the terrorist livestreamed his massacre, called on social media to take responsibility and charged those still sharing it
- Within days of the attack, she announced a national ban on all military-style semiautomatic weapons
- She promised to cover the funeral costs of the 51 victims
- She assured every family of the victims financial assistance moving forward.