The Muslim Public Affairs Centre (MPAC) is a leading public service and leadership development organisation that operates on the core Islamic values of justice, mercy, human dignity, freedom, equality for all and sanctity of human life. MPAC is a project-based and volunteer-driven organisation covering Project, Outreach, Advocacy and Lobbying, with the mission to serve humanity and work for an inclusive society.
At MPAC, we want to provide challenging opportunities for talented graduates to expand their knowledge and benefit from invaluable on-the-job experience in a progressive Public service organisation.
There are opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in fundraising, policy, communications and advocacy, events, administration and research.
We are a supportive and ambitious team looking for a creative team member with strong communication and research skills. The selected candidate will assist us to meet our goals of achieving results in a rapidly changing world.
- Media monitoring
- Draft and track professional, relevant content across Facebook and Twitter
- Create content to populate social media calendar and schedule content.
- Track mentions of MPAC in the media
- Track, organise and share relevant stories and online resources with staff
- Monitor and research ongoing legislation
- Send internal updates/memos to staff on new cosponsors, upcoming hearings
- Update and maintain events database
- Participate in MPAC Engage! Campaign
- Provide note taking and agenda development support
- Draft informational memos on breaking developments and policy issues
- Accompany staff to official meetings
- Provide events planning and implementation support
- Support the planning of MPAC Events
- University degree/HND
- Critical writing and research skills
- Strategic social media manager
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft software
- A can-do attitude and ability to multitask
- Dependable time-management skills
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, including remotely
- Excellent communication skills
- Graphic design skills
- General WordPress design knowledge
- Experience with advocacy or community service works
- Campaign experience
Sorry, you are late. Offer ended on January 17, 2022
Please upload a Resume and Cover Letter telling us why you are the best fit for this role.
The cover letter should be the 1st page of your resume and not more than 150 words.