In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Press Release: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RAPE: Another Pandemic!
Monday, 29 June 2020 | 7 Dhul Qa’dah 1441 AH
1. To support awareness creation among the public on the physical, psychological and traumatic effects of defilement and rape on the victims and their families.
2. To implement policies that discourage the youth against rape and create a system that empowers and protects the victims so that the culture of silence and shaming are broken.
3. To promote public enlightenment and understanding of the Violence Against Persons Prohibition Act (VAPP Act) and to strictly and timeously enforce same.
4. To work with the public to institute practical mechanisms that will make for better protection for girls and women under the law, and make our communities, schools, higher institutions safe for girls/women and all vulnerable persons in our society.
5. To work with the public and security agencies to take a holistic look at the security apparatus in with a view to effectively curtailing rape, armed banditry, kidnapping, armed robbery, cultism and gang rape.
6. To work with the media and other agencies to step up the campaign and wage war against the issue of Drug/Substance Abuse since it is one of the factors largely contributing to this barbaric act.
7. It is imperative for stakeholders to advocate with relevant institutions to ensure perpetrators are brought to book and justice is not delayed nor scuttled.
Communities must break the culture of silence and report such cases or the violations will persist. And also provide support and protection for victims and their families.
As you’re here…
MPAC has one humble request from you…
Thousands of Nigerian Muslims rely on the services we provide at MPAC and thousands more from around the world visit our website for news every day. Due to the significant challenges we face in dealing with Muslim-related issues in a heightened Islamophobic environment, MPAC is constantly under financial strain to meet our financial needs.
To maintain editorial and financial independence, with no sectarian or political allegiance to any particular group or movement, MPAC relies only on donations from individuals like you.
It is easy to understand the importance of organisations that do the sort of work we do at MPAC in today’s climate. Please support us financially and please support us for as little as N1000 a month. It only takes a minute to make a one-off donation or to set up a standing order with your bank. Jazakallah khayran.
Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “The best deeds are those done regularly, even if they are small.” [Ibn Mājah]